Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Trying to fix a Class D Alpine
Trying to fix a Class D Alpine
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2021, 04:07 AM   #1
niqht is offline niqht  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Trying to fix a Class D Alpine

Hello, I'm looking for any experienced advice on this thing. It is an MRV-F300 with a weak channel.

Its volume it about half of it's other pair and with a lot less bass. I can't quite tell the highs for sure, but it is without a doubt overall weaker. Nearly all of my searching on amp repair is power related, but on this I don't know if power can cause these symptoms and I can't find a service manual

Last edited by niqht; 21st January 2021 at 04:20 AM.
Old 21st January 2021, 04:57 AM   #2
Mello4 is offline Mello4  United States
diyAudio Member

I would look carefully for a failing aluminum electrolytic capacitor (leaking or bulging). Then maybe power switches, if all the caps look fine. If there are any dipped tantalum caps they could have failed from a voltage spike..
Old 21st January 2021, 08:47 AM   #3
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Is the 'bass EQ' on? That affects only 2 channels, it appears.
Old 21st January 2021, 10:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It is the rear, the right rear that is the issue. The left bumps hard, the right.. meh, with that boost off.

Although I did last night decide to put it back together and and retest some. Now that I see how these gain pots work as a stack and the many pole switches I should see if both sides are effected equally.
Then again.. maybe pulling the FETs out and properly testing first is worth it ?
Old 22nd January 2021, 01:36 AM   #5
Mello4 is offline Mello4  United States
diyAudio Member

There seem to have been a number people people fixing the Alpine MRV-F300 amplifier: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/sear...rchid=24291030
Old 22nd January 2021, 03:23 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Only 2 of those apply, this is a reused model number. And those 2 are distinctly power related, this is not
Old 22nd January 2021, 03:29 AM   #7
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Does every pot and switch work without noise or static when you operate them through their full range?

Trying to fix a Class D AlpineHide this!Advertise here!