Stetsom 1k6es repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day all,

Could anyone assist with troubleshooting this issue.

Amplifier when powered up plays fine, no issues. When powered down (remote turned off) there is a noise at the output like a zuuupp noise as though the mosfets are stll on after power down and the are switched of after remote is disconnected or a cap is discharging and the clip led would flash for a second and then go out.

Any recommendations on what maybe be the cause.

Thanks

I haven’t encountered this issue before with these amps, but I would check the passive components around the PIC16 IC.

They also use a small IC usually labeled IC9 that often fails. There are two passive components close by that work with this IC. One is a small SMD diode that you should see remote turn on voltage present when you power up the amp and the other component is a 4.7 ohm SMD resistor, that will sometimes burn and go out of tolerance.

I have my lab and notes packed up in storage right now because I had to relocate my lab and I haven’t finished with my new place so I’m telling you this from memory, I’m sorry I can’t be more specific.

David

Do you have a scope?

Please (and this applies to anyone who needs repair help) use your sig line to list all equipment you have, editing it as equipment changes. Include the model numbers.

Top of page, menu USER CP >> EDIT SIGNATURE

Oscilloscope (yes or no)
Multimeter(s)
Type of signal source (grounded RCA shields preferred).
Soldering iron
Desoldering pump
Power supply
2 ohm current limiting resistor (hollow cylindrical ceramic 100w preferred)

Oscillation stops but there as the remote is removed the D.C. Offset goes from 0.0063v to 3.2volts and gradually discharges the clip led is activated when this occurs . When the amp was in the vehicle the backseat hook grounded off on the positive output of another amplifier and then this amp started making this turnoff noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.