XX-Goliath 5kW issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just wanted to update this thread now that I have some more time:

The main board works perfectly with the driver card removed, with no DC on the speaker outputs and it is fully reassembled sans the output fets. I replaced all 4 of the 21844s chips as per your tutorial they die at the drop of a hat.

I have a few questions though:

1. What are L2 and L4?
2. The capacitors on the bootstrap circuits are supposed to be what value?
3. Any ideas how to make a connection on pin 14 of my far left 21844s chip since that trace broke off?

4. Can I advertise your repair guide a bit to generate some more funds for you?
5. How are you doing?

You may have to pull the corresponding inductors from the other ICs and measure them.

If you're referring to the high-side supply caps, they can vary quite a bit. I've seen values from about 3.3uF to about about 10uF. It's best to measure the value of the others in your amp if one has failed.

There is no connection to pin 14 of the 21844s.

For anything not amp related, you can email me.

You may have to pull the corresponding inductors from the other ICs and measure them.

If you're referring to the high-side supply caps, they can vary quite a bit. I've seen values from about 3.3uF to about about 10uF. It's best to measure the value of the others in your amp if one has failed.

There is no connection to pin 14 of the 21844s.

For anything not amp related, you can email me.

I took a break from this amp for quite some time and to fix some mtxs....now i want this thing out.....LOL

On the driver card does it appear that Q3 is visibly damaged? Im guessing that it is a bipolar transistor? Was labeled "2D __"

(Left center near bottom of drvier card)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.