Info for Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm attempting to repair a RF T2500-1bd. After scanning over the board I've found a couple of bad capacitors and a smd resistor that got cooked beyond recognition. Just wondering if anyone has worked on this model and could tell me the value of R1029. I already replaced the caps but don't want to power it up until I can replace the resistor. I searched for schematic but no results.

Good coincidentally I got a model of this amplifier which turns on well but the protection LED flashes intermittently, and that intermittent is reproduced in the output speakers and if you touch the rca audio input with your fingers even with the gain to the minimum send Strong audio to the test speaker, I suspect the stage of the pre some service manual to facilitate the repair.

regards

Here's the results of the repair. The amp belongs to a friend of mine.He told me he accidentally reversed the polarity when he was connecting to the power terminals. Initially it looked like it was the 1500uf/200v power filter caps that were damaged,you could visually see 2 out of the 6 caps were bulging and carbon residue on the board from arcing. I replaced all the caps just to be on the safe side,powered up the amp and got a yellow protect light.Did a closer inspection and discovered 4 ceramic caps(c2019-c2022) were also damaged plus R1029 was cooked. Replaced all these parts,powered it up and it worked great except for a high pitched squealing sound which turned out to be loose windings on one of the power transformers so I just slapped some epoxy on it and no more squeal. Now this amp is back to pounding hard again,thanks to the info from Perry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.