dB vs Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gioba i mean the higher the frequency the easier to create a higher spl number
Generally yes, but until 4 KHz circa, then in the highest frequencies the dB goes down again (like diagram about psycoacustic).
The increase of spl not depend from superior octave only, but from speaker response also, i think.

We must to understand which is your test or what you want to do.
I don't know if you can double the spl with a octave up, i don't think, it means a straight line in the diagram.

Or you are referrring to the fact that nowadays we see lots of high efficiency speakers in cars, because they produce a little more SPL for the same given power: that's because, yes, they have higher Hz (?!?!?)...higher Fs which is the resonant frequency of the speaker, compared to normal speakers. But the high efficiency is given by the big motor!

Duplicate thread here:
SPL Box

The OP apparently has an amp in the 1kW range and 12" woofers.

He wants to achieve the highest SPL that he possibly can for a local dB drag type contest. Fidelity is of no concern in these situations, only to register the highest number on the SPL meter. Most likely using a pulsed signal, not steady-state. Exciting a mode for huge one-note resonance is key to winning.

Exciting a mode for huge one-note resonance is key to winning.
Yes, I saw that :confused: crazy...
If it's raw SPL, I'd be much concerned in what's behind the speaker, the body of the car etc. Imagine how many losses from the holes and the pressure :boggled:
( To OP: you must have problems, seriously. Calm down and search for quartets/quintets with violins, violas, cellos, pianos, harpsicord, harps, flutes etc in gardens, verandas :p)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.