MTX 5601 weird noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I have a MTX 5601 amp, its working but doing weird noise when i hook up the subwofers. It has +- 60 v, +- 15 v, everything looks great. But subwofers move very weird, they move towards like dc voltage on subwofers then hit the bass. More weird is the fan, it turns on every time the subwofer hits.

Attachments

• 20190615_224131-1.mp4
    1.1 MB
Move the frequency, gain, etc. No change. I put out all the outputs looking for lekeages or shorts, all are fine.
Gates voltages are ok, -51v and 0 v without input signal
Lm311 vcc is only 4.4v, coming from a 1gm transistor, 12v on collector, 5v on the base and 4.4v on the emiter, replaced and same voltages

If the output filter caps are in series, only one defective one could allow a lot of high frequency noise to pass and, through a woofer, could produce all sorts of strange sounds. The noise would be easily visible on the scope.

If the capacitors failed, especially if they were swollen, the output filter inductor may have shorted and the short may be intermittent.

I test with 60hz tone. The ps is +-60v without load. With load and the gain 3/4 the negative voltage goes to -88-90 volts but the positive drops to 35 volts¡¡ i double check the rectifier. The 6 ps caps are ok i replaced all.

I will buy an oscilloscope next month, i really need it¡¡

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.