Wonder why wow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not a car here, but a ocean going sailboat. Long ago I installed a new top of the line Sony disk player in that boat. Lasted a few years, then had a in line signal cap fail(eletrolytic), repaired, one more year to next failure. Sound was ok. Next, a Kenwood player, lasted many years, sound was acceptable. Both players played through a set of Realistic box speakers, the metal cased 2way, with a modded crossover. Not bad sounding little things.

Just recently, I bought a unbelievable cheap($65) Caliber player, USB/SD card(in the EU). Claimed 4 x75w unit. What ever is in the unit or call it synergy, this is simply crazy good. I am astounded, the sound is really, Great...... My home system is really nice, VPI, Meridian, Threshold, Von Schweikert. I'm not saying they sound the same, but I am pleased with this "car deck". Must of hit the jackpot, or sailed into the right cloud or void to make this happen!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.