JL 1000/1v2 rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I got the new outputs from Mouser but figured I’d skip the 22.1’s since I have similar values around here. Tried 47r first, but the gate waveform looked sloppy and rounded to me (slow) and the FETs seemed to be getting a tad warm. So I tried 10r and it seems nice and sharp, good rise and fall times. Any reason I shouldn’t just go with10?

Last edited:
Got the amp back together and working, noticed 2 things.

1. The output inductors get pretty warm after playing for about a half hour, I don’t recall that happening with the lesser slash amps so I’m asking if it’s normal

2. The filter stages don’t seem to be working, I’ve read that some of the OPAMPs can lose power through the traces in the pre card but is there anything else that’s a common fault?

Need to spray the flaky switches out too, but other than that it’s made a pretty good recovery. Thanks for all the help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.