Rockford Fosgate T8002 Amp diagnosing help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picture of the amp for visual reference

Attachments

• 20181008_123128.jpg
    20181008_123128.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 73
Just for my ease of mind, do you know if it would make a difference if my input signal just came from my cellphone directly to the amp via a headphone jack-rca cable? i'm not sure if i'd need a powered unit of some kind to get correct results while bench testing.

I have tested voltage on what I'm assuming are fets around the outside edge of the board. Starting on the right side by the power and ground inputs, i get constant readings from chip to chip up until what would be the 9th-12th chips where the is a visible size change. Varies readings on the next 4 smaller chips, and then no voltage at all beyond that for all the chips beyond that point.

http://www.bcae1.com/temp/100hz300seconds.zip

Drive the signal above into the amp. Measure the AC (not DC) voltage with the black probe on the RCA shield and the red probe on the center conductor of the RCA jack (behind the jack in the amp). Do this with the signal source set to full volume. What is the voltage?

As a side note... I didn't know what a cell phone output could produce so I measured mine. With the signal above, at full volume, it produced 0.6v RMS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.