What causes a cd or dvd to get stuck inside a stereo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would assume some sensor that "sees" the disk. Likely once loaded, the tray sits in a position and some sensor knows a disk is there. It could likely only need to be cleaned. Unfortunately, I don't work on decks. Or know much about them at all. Tbh.

So, hopefully someone else could help you specifically. Otherwise... I'd start with cleaning everything well.

Pressing the eject button on the unit doesn't do anything. It sounds like it's trying to eject the disc, but it doesn't. It stayed inside the mechanism until I was able to remove the disc using another disc to lift it up giving me enough room to remove it with a plastic knife with some tape attached to the end of it.

It will get stuck again.

I've seen this happen on many CD players, even on mine. Its a Clarion DXZ435 CD player, they have a plastic gear on the reject motor that kicks the tray up, then kicks the CD out. They break on the motor. You have to literally pull everything apart... And to try and buy a new the gear, you can't unless someone is making them.

Then on some, the gears teeth strip.

Then on some, it just need grease on the sliding parts.

Yours is turning... means gears are not turning, but the motor is... It's not the sensor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.