Need a decent amp for 4x 150 RMS speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You guys are damn brilliant on here and I may be too much of a noob to ask something like this, so please bear with me.

I am wiring speakers on a boat.

In the front I have 4 speakers, they measure 6.5" and I think I'll put some Kickers in there that can handle 65 watts RMS at 2 ohms.

I will also have a 12" sub, thinking 500W RMS, 2 ohms.

I think will power all this with a Kenwood Excelon X801-5 (75 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms) - I don't mean to cross brands but it's all I found with decent pricing/reviews to fit the 4 channels plus sub.

The back of the boat has the 4 other speakers measuring 8 inches. A pair on each side of the boat, they're next to each other facing same direction. I think I'll stick in 4 Kickers that can handle 150W RMS, 4 ohms.

I need an amp for this section. I can't seem to find an amp from any of the big car audio names that handles this kind of power.

Thanks so much. You're all super brilliant.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.