Kicker KX1200.1 Green board - Need Schematics or parts help - they are burned/sanded

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See image with parts circled. I have burned parts I need values of so I can replace, designators the best I can identify are:

R223, R203, R559, R323, R303 (I think), U508, U??? next to U508, R559

Schematics would also greatly help; I found a schematic at KICKER KX1200.1 SCH CAR POWER AMPLIFIER Service Manual download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics experts but it's not clear enough to read and I don't know if it's the green or red board.

Amp goes instantly into protect mode. I know Q221 is shorted and figure the 2 ICs are bad as well.

If anyone knows of a reason for this to happen so I can try to identify all failed parts please let me know. I want to try to get all the parts I'll need in one order. I suspect that the Q221 failing is the cause, but just thought I'd ask. All other output FETs test good.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20171201_204705-copy.jpg
    IMG_20171201_204705-copy.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Perry,

What would you recommend as replacements for the 2SA1381 and 2SC3503 that can be sourced from mouser/digikey or another reputable supplier? I found a few recommendations, such as KTA1381Y and KTC3503Y or BF469/BF470 but none readily available on mouser/digikey.

I could just order from ebay but would rather avoid the high risk of fakes.

Thanks!

So in addition to those, looks like Q504 (C4373) and Q505 (A1661) are also bad. I would have to pull them to be sure as it's not total shorts, but very low diode test readings on both of them for 2 pins. Makes sense they would be damaged because they come before the transistor pairs that had the short.

These are looking to be even harder to find as they aren't even on ebay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.