Rockford Fosgate Prime 600.4D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I have a Rockford prime 600.4D.The amps cuts out at higher volumes.There's a red light flashing through the blue power led while the amp plays.I don't think its a protect light as the blue light stays lit when power is on.The amp plays for a few seconds then it would play intermittently every 2 secs if I turn up the volume knob on the radio.
Everything seems intact when I opened her up.No burns or missing parts.A knowledgable amp guy told me it sounds like a bad capacitor in the power stage.
I did see a strange tilted capacitor as I looked closer but I dunno.
What's the symptoms of a bad capacitor in an amplifier?
And no its not a wiring,ground or a power issue

What was the DC voltage on the B+ and remote terminals with the black probe on the ground terminal on the amp when the amp shut down?

Disconnect all but one pair of speaker wires from the amp and play one channel at a time. Does the amp shut down with only one speaker?

If so, is it one particular speaker or channel?

Okay I dont have a dmm with me presently but yes it seems the amp shuts down with no speakers connected.Just the rca input plugged in.The red light still flashes through the blue power light with no load at the speaker terminals.
When I crank the system the other amps play fine just this one blinks red with no load present.
When I get my hands on my dmm ill post dc voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.