Question regarding adding a "new" amp to my Infiniti i30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a 2000 infinity I 30, recently the sub woofer on the car stopped working. I have checked the speaker and it is fine I determined that the factory amplifier is no longer supplying the speaker on that specific channel. I am looking to add a aftermarket amplifier that will run alongside the factory amplifier as well as using the factory head unit.
This is the wiring diagram of the harness that connects to the factory amp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From what I can tell, it does not look like the factory head unit is sending a specific channel for the sub woofer therefore it must be using a low pass filter on either the front or rear speaker channels. I was wondering if I can get any advice on which of the channels I should splice into.

As far as any suggestions towards replacing the factory head unit, amplifier, and speakers. The car is barely worth it's weight in scrap and the aftermarket amp and speakers where both received for free. So I am trying to keep the installation costs as minimal as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.