Sony XM-45 amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ran across one these on eBay and would fit my needs real nice, but damn! This thing seems to be from the early 1980's. I cannot find any info, manuals etc. on this thing.

Does anyone know anything about this antique? Any idea where I could a service manual? Right off, there are a bunch of wires, more than you would expect, so that is a bit confusing.

Thanks

Last edited:
this should cover it.
red, black, blue...+12v bat, gnd, rem
black w/white, black, black w/red, black...spkr outs: left +,- right +,-
blue w/white, blue, blue/red, blue...hi-level input: left +,- right +,-
rcas white, red...lo-level input: left, right
orange...current sense input?
mark

Thanks Mark. But that orange wire still remains a bit of a mystery, huh? It's fused just like the red one, so I would suppose I should hook it up to the battery too.

My guess was that there were some speaker level inputs, but I had them reversed from what you are saying. My guess was based on all the crimp connectors the previous owner had used; not a good indicator.

I'm pretty sure the orange lead was as described. If the radio had no remote out/power antenna lead, the red would be connected to accessory power, and then the orange would connect to the radio accessory power lead. Current drawn by the radio activated the turn on circuitry in the amp. What are the values of the fuses? Fuse on red wire larger value than the fuse on the orange? Of course the amplifier is thirty years old as is my memory from when those originally came out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.