is it possible to construct bass horn for car

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, it can be done, and has been done. From what I understand, the results are not as great as hoped. My reasoning behind that is because horns are designed for long-throw sound, and a vehicle's interior is far from a large space.
I am VERY curious about horns in the auto environment, if it can be worked out right I would be very interested.:cool:

and has been done

i did it..who else has?

From what I understand, the results are not as great as hoped

on the contrary

i achieved HIGH SPL

Im using my SPL meter when i get my day off work
Sunday/monday.

:)
My reasoning behind that is because horns are designed for long-throw sound, and a vehicle's interior is far from a large space.

not as such.
Corner horns are designed for 1/8th space acoustic constriction.

Volume of a room/listening environment ofcourse plays a part

Dispersion wont matter for bass apart from the fact that the horn Does Beam slightly,perahps +6db front lobe for a stack of horns it depends on the configuration.

For HF ofcourse its an entirely different matter.

People always thing of horns having 'throw' this is mainly Midrange and suchlike.HF definately.One can cause dispersion pattern by setting the angle of the sides of the horn+ more.

am VERY curious about horns in the auto environment, if it can be worked out right I would be very interested

me2,which is why i treid it. Now i have SPL meter to prove.
:)

Cheers!:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.