would someone be able to give me some guidence fixing this orion amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
its an orion xtr pro 2400, i sold the amp and the guy blew mosfets.
i've done very minor work with this type of thing in the past and was hoping i could figure it out.. but i cannot lol
i've removed all the fet's (8) on each side. i cannot find what is wrong besides the fet's. when i slightly tap the new fet inplace it arc's. (i think it would blow if it were placed there etc.) i put an old one in it doesnt arc but the the voltage on the gate resistor jumps to 12 volts. isn't is supposed to be under 5 volts etc. also there is a small board mounted veritcally. on that board on the very bottom where it attaches to the main board the two prongs (soldered) gets hot even without any of the fets attached. all the gate resistors read 4 volts. where they attach to the fet. i havent removed any to check the ohms. i really dont know if im jumping steps just doing what i can without distroying something else..
thanks in advance to anyone who may help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.