Please help me pick a sub and amp for this box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
new guy here. i figured i would ask you guys since this is either related to your job or your hobby. i know this is kind of a half ***'d way of doing this, usually you build the box to the subs specs but i have this box and it fits nicely in an already small trunk. (mustang vert) this box orignally had a boston sub and was made by them. i dont know the model, sorry. i was going to measure the capacity but my wife threw away all the packing peanuts for no reason so i just measured it without figuring how much space the passive speaker/radiator??(is that right) takes up. i figured .46 cubic feet. i have no idea what would be good with this box. if possible i would like a sub made in the usa if it is feasible. i found this[/URL] one. i dont know if that would be good with the box or not. I have sub outputs from the head unit and the amp will just be powering this sub. i would like to keep tthe price of the amp and speaker to around $200-250. any suggestions? any help is appreciated. also i am kind of clueless :eek: on wiring the speaker into 4ohm or 2 ohms or even 1. i know it can be done and that it helps get more boom for your buck so to speak as far as the amps go. so pick accordingly. also there was a bunch of polyfill in the box as well.
here are some pics of the box. thank you!
100_0337.jpg

100_0336.jpg

100_0335.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.