Massive D400x

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I do have both the +- 15 volts and the +- 12 volts This amp uses Irf640 and Ifr9640's
Both halves are identical but there are no internal connections.. All the bridgeing is external..
I pulled the potted box out yesterday.. they used some monster epoxy it seal that thing..

Ok sorry perry..like I told 1 moreamp..work has caused car audio to go on the back burner.. but now I am back on this project...
Ok updates... after messing with the amp today I found a trace about half the size of my hair that was burnt fixed that and now the amp powers on... relays activate and i get sound . The problem is now that its horribly distorted..sounds kinda like a record being scratched... What should I look at?

yes i have access to a scope but i do not have it on hand. I'm still working with Massive to try to get a schematic.. I have talked to one of the reps and he told me he would contact a tech because massive no longer services this amp... Where should I probe with the scope when I get it? I also have a signal generator now too..

well it appears the my scope took a dump on me.. went to power it up, the light comes on but no one appears to be home.. Looks like I'm going to have to get a loaner.. Oh and I forgot to mention before Perry.. I got the epoxy out of the little box without ripping any of the components off.. I found the two other little 8 pin IC's that you where telling me about in there... the numbers have been removed though...:(
What does this little board do/ control?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.