Question to member Ouroboros

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have found one of your posts in this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51794&perpage=10&highlight=&pagenumber=3

You have posted schematic of PSU for floppy disk based motor for turntable. Will this PSU work also with Hard drive motors? I have nice two motors taken from hard drives used in servers. Those are self-contaned units ( I have noticed in majority of HD, rings with coils are glued to the base of the drive's motor well ). Bottom part of the motor is threaded and mounted to HD base with a nut. There are three connection pins in the center of the base. I guess, the ground is connected to the metal base of the motor. Those units would make great TT motor. I can make nice metal plate to mount those motors to. They should have a good power too. What I need is just good PSU.
Thanks for the help !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.