diy unipivot V-Sapphire bearings tonearm 10.3"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Spindle to pivot 247.4 mm
Overhang 15.6 mm
Offset angle 20.8 degrees

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 422
The magnetic guide appears to be the same concept as the Graham Phantom tonearm, except the outrigger rod is not angled as same degrees as the headshell offset angle. Since it has a secondary bearing, it is not a true unipivot design and I personally prefer it for better stability over the traditional design.

Well done.

I buy from this website
True Point Audio

Size of bearing is in picture
I use “S222”

I have 2 of those jewels.

True Point are easy to deal with and Charles is helpful. He suggested that a dual cup Jewel was a better option for a unipivot as the pin can ride up the V when cuing which the dual cup prevents. True Point used to supply Naim with dual cup Jewels for the Aro.

A Vee Jewel will work as long as the pin has an acute angle to prevent it fouling the side of the Jewel when the arm is up.

Correct!

I use both of Graham Phantom and Duran Talea and I try to combination the strong point of each concept.

The magnetic guide I use the same concept as Graham Phantom. But for the tonearm I use the same concept as Durand – Talea and stylus will in the middle of tonearm, so I guess the the degree of the headshell offset maybe is not matter. This concept should improve the stability as you said (I guess).

The magnetic guide appears to be the same concept as the Graham Phantom tonearm, except the outrigger rod is not angled as same degrees as the headshell offset angle. Since it has a secondary bearing, it is not a true unipivot design and I personally prefer it for better stability over the traditional design.

Well done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.