DIY edge-driven Ultrasonic RCM from Lego

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While busy building a edge-driven UCRM from cardboard and 3D-printer parts I had to wait for my 0,5 RPM 12v motor and I thought why not give it a go with some Lego. We have 3 boys hopping around so piles and piles available including loads of technic lego and a 9v motor.

Loading 2, or maybe 3 records on a spindle and hang that on a motor that then has to lower itself in the tank seemed a bit of a hassle to me.

Build was pretty straight forward as you can see. The basic construction I came up with fits my tank perfectly. This basic form will probably fits most tanks when tweaked a little and can be removed very easy. In the beginning the option of glueing the Lego blocks crossed my mind but it seems that is not needed. Still have to wash my first record though. Building a 0,5 micron automatic pump system on the side and have to finish that first.

Feel free to share this wherever you want and good luck building your own!

DIY build your own edge-driven Ultrasonic Record Cleaner Machine from Lego - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.