Turntable motor wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in need of some assistance in order to wire up a turntable I have. The motor is turntable specific and I was informed this is how it was supposed to be wired up based on the wires coming off the motor.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The switch in use is a single pole toggle switch. This can be changed to double pole to accommodate if needed.

The issue is that this functions perfectly but I would like to include power on/off in the switch function as the turntable when the REF wire is left open will attempt to spin up since it is still showing some residual voltage.

I am a materials person and not really well versed in the electronics side. Any suggestions as to how to solve this issue would be appreciated.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> can be changed to double pole

Attachments

• Jasonlong-42.gif
    Jasonlong-42.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 260
If I am getting that correct, I just connect pole 2 in between the hot side of power. Leave the Gnd from the motor to the DC jack?

With that jumper running between on 1 and on 2 would that not mean that regardless of which side is turned on, both would see power? Even though the com is not directly connected, wouldn't they both see power at the same time?

Apologies for questioning everything, im just trying to understand how it works.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> which side is turned on, both would see power?

That's how it was originally. While you have not revealed WHAT turntable it is, so others can cross-check your 'information', your only complaint was "when the REF wire is left open will attempt to spin up". As you probably now see, my plan kills all power when the switch is center-off. If the turntable spins with no power, it's a miracle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.