Phono Preamp PCB Options/Suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Suggestion: Ebay Lite IC phono cartridge empty PCB line MM negative feedback RIAA

I have been enjoying this phono stage for the last year. I used Dale RN 55 resistors, and the small value capacitors are Wima polypropylene. The output coupling capacitors I chose are Cornell 935 polypropylene (which I have not seen discussed in this forum but are an excellent component). My coupling caps are hung above the board and cover up a portion of it.
I started with an Ebay sourced (single 2 channel IC) specified OPA2604 and was happy. I then went to the LME 49720/LM 4562 which is my personal standard. I now use an (SOIC) OPA 1612 which was another level of resolution. I mounted the SOIC on an adapter which I found I could solder up myself.
I have built other phono preamps and can say without reservation, this one, especially using the OPA1612 and CDE 935 coupling capacitors, to be an excellent choice for a moving magnet cartridge phono stage. And it cost so little money to build. I have an Ortofon 2M black cartridge.

Sorry I could not figure out how to get the Ebay link to work. the pcb is yellow in the Ebay photos. It appears it may also be offered in a ready built version (green pcb) with cheap parts, which I can't vouch for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.