Proton AT-300 weak reception and output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I've got a Proton AT-300 tuner that came with an AM-300 amplifier. There are no schematics or manuals out there as far as I know.

It powers up fine, tunes ok but it doesn't lock on any station, there's no stereo, search doesn't pick up anything, strength meter stays at 1 block weather I'm receiving a station or not and there's a very weak signal at the RCA outputs (amp must be at about half of it's volume to get a normal listening level, it sounds perfect otherwise). I hope all of these to be related to one and the same problem but I've got no idea what this could be as I can't even compare voltages to a schematic.

Any info would be great
Thanks

Nothing happens when pushing the mono switch. I'm not picking up any am stations where I live with any tuner but I'll try tomorrow, see if the noise output is higher on the am section.

I'm using a standard 75ohm fm antenna, works like a charm on any other tuner (currently a little sansui tu-505.

I haven't been able to work on it for a while but I'm back now.
Noise is a little higher in fm and am than when I am tuned to a station. I do receive some AM stations but output is just as low. I sometimes have a little movement on the signal strength meter (max 2 bars) but still no "stereo" nor "locked" (the display works because when I ground the corresponding pin the indications light up). The scan button doesn't do anything and when doing a search it just keeps running until I manually stop it. I'm no tuner expert and without a service manual I'm not getting anywhere on my own :eek:.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.