Has someone built this phono stage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2010
"Just an update on the Nagaoka MP-110; I've layed my hands on a new LCR-meter. The Nagaoka MP-110 has 810mH of inductance @ 1Khz."
they say that the mp11 is very near to mp110
Nagaoka MP11 phono cartridge - [English]
http://www.nagaoka-deutschland.de/pdf/TESTBERICHT%20AUDIO.pdf
it might be that the whole 100 series is around 150pico farads but actually works best at 500-600pf
According to this, the mp110 should have a better HF response than the MLB...so again youtube is useful for me and I'll probably never buy the mlb cart because i don't want to increase LF noise for nothing.

Last edited:
MP110
Tipo: MI
Fijación: montaje de media pulgada
Voltaje de salida: 5,0mV bei 1kHz, 5cm / seg.
Amplificador de conexión: Phono MM
Rango de frecuencia: 20-20.000Hz
Material: diamante, en condiciones de servidumbre.
Tipo de aguja: elíptica 0.4 x 0.7 mil
Rango de fuerza de seguimiento: 1,5-2,0g
Fuerza de seguimiento, recomendado: 1,8g.
Resistencia de carga recomendada: 47 kOhm
Capacidad de carga recomendada: 150-200pF
Peso: 6,5g
Dimensiones: 18 mm.

AT440Mlb

Frequency Response 20-25,000 Hz
Channel Separation 28 (dB at 1 kHz)
Tracking Force Range 1.0-1.8 grams (1.4 optimal)
Stylus Construction 0.12 mil Nude
square Micro-Linear
stylus
Recommended Load Impedance 47,000 ohms
Output 4.0 (mV, 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
Channel Balance 1.0 (dB at 1 KHz)
Stylus Shape MicroLine®
Cantilever Aluminum Pipe
Mount Half-inch
Replacement Stylus ATN440MLb

Coil impedance : 3,200 ohms at 1 kHz
DC resistance : 800
Load Capacitance : 100-200pF
Coil inductance (mH, 1 kHz) : 490
Dynamic compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne) : 10
Static compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne) : 40
Vertical tracking angle : 20-degree
Dimensions (mm) : H 17.3 x W 16.0 x D 28.2
Weight (g) : 6.5

Joined 2014
Paid Member
He's a pro and uses a cambridge azur phono stage... Right. You and I have different definitions going on.

For the record and entirely in my view having looked at this from the cartridge perspective (and having borrowed from people much smarter than me) commercial MM phono stages are almost all entirely wrong and miss the point.

As an old curmudgeonly git I also have no idea why people watch youtube videos of other people playing records. It's like playing with yourself when you have a hot woman waiting in bed for you?

Account Closed
Joined 2010
He's a pro and uses a cambridge azur phono stage... Right. You and I have different definitions going on.

Sorry, it's not myvinylobsessive here:
YouTube
you have all the equipment used in the description.there's no Azur there.
as in regards to hot women...a 90 years old lady might look like Fairy if you're drunk enough...
Tell me that this sounds bad too on your system:
YouTube

dreamth, is polemizing in something that I think has no discussion.
Tell me how the audio of those videos was recorded on youtube.
Were 192 kHz / 24-bit digitized?
If not, like "Yanni Live at the Acropolis, Greece", on YouTube and then on CD or Spotify.
You will see that YouTube is good for videos but bad for audio.
And after all, I think that MM cartridges must be higher than AT 440 Mlb. I'm not a fan I just say that this is a very good cartridge that kicks a few.
Actually the origin of this post is to convince someone to build the Solidphono and give their opinion about it.
I think it exceeds many.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
I was expecting this answer too...What i actually told you was different though: I said that under the same recording rules, using similar equipment , except one link in the sound chain, two youtube recordings will be able to tell the difference between two high end audio products even though the audio quality is not the best.For that you just need to be an experienced listener.Did you see Bernstein or Karayan in their 70's telling which violin in about another 100 violins grouped together is singing a falsetto? They were barely able to hear up to 10khz at that age and actually much lower than what a youtube recording can deliver, but they were able to tell that based on their experience.
Anyway, i'm glad you enjoy ssm2017.I don't doubt it's a good preamp.Just try not to be too religious about high end audio components.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.