Pro-ject 16v TT Motor PSU board help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Im building a TT from parts and intend to use a Pro-ject 16v motor because i want and need the convenience of push button speed change. The pro-ject speedbox offers this and is cheap at £70 and a brand new 16v pro-ject motor is only £38. The alternative route is the rega / premotec etc route is either mains voltage or 24v and the commercial PSU / speed change units that facilitate this are all way out of my price range.

I believe the motor controller / psu board (the one located in the turntable, rather than the wallwart) is quite simple and within my skill level and budget to make. Does anyone have a pro-ject TT with 16v motor and could supply me with a photo or circuit drawing or something to enable to me to build it from?

Thanks in advance
Neil

Neil, pm Meldano and ask him if he has any of his motor controller pcbs left. it'll cost you about £100 to build in total, but it smokes most commercially available psu's. I run one on my deck, a Kuzma Stabi/S LP12 hybrid with a 16v Project motor.

16820357331_286d769915_b.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.