1210 ground lead!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The same thing happened to mine! I repaired it myself, I took the rubber base off, and from memory, I think there was a small metal plate underneath, held on by one or two screws, which when removed reveal the ground lead going around plastic posts, serving as a strain releif. Not wanting to do any more dissassembly, this is where I re-attached the lead (it broke just here), by soldering, and covering with heatshrink tubing. I think I held my 1210 on its side for all this, to avoid the oil running out of the bearing (i.e. not turning the turntable upside-down) It might be safest to remove the platter whilst working on it like this!

good luck.

In emergency situations, I have tied a single strand of wire to the tonearm, which enabled the unit to be used, better than nothing eh!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Arnold
Looking at the picture, you can see the earth cable running under the PCB. Then it is soldered to the solderlip marked with the arrow.
Hope this helps.

/Hugo :)

Attachments

• sl1200.jpg
    sl1200.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 159
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.