vintage geloso microphone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hope i m in the right threadlist this time, but i guess a microphone is an analogue source.
I recently bought a M61, 1957's Geloso microphone. I only want to use it for decorational purposes, matches my 2104 Wurlitzer. But the thread is not the standard 5/8 you find on all modern goozenecks and stands, holders... Anyone an idea if there ever was a different standard for mic stands? I know 5/8 and 3/8 are still used but its neither i assume. Measured with a caliper the inside thread is about 13 mm. I looked it up in the Geloso Techincal Bulletin, its in #67 1957, it sais nothing about the gause or diameter, only that there are 2 optional stands, a floor stand and a table stand, B81 and B91. Any ideas ?
http://www.lucy-ts.com/Others/M61.htm

Hi

I have no idea about mike thread standards, but be aware that there are two standards for inch threads (actually more than two if you count obsolete ones like British Whitworth). They are National Coarse (NC), which for 5/8" is 11 threads per inch (TPI) - normally shown as 5/8-11; and 18 TPI for National Fine (NF). A bolt made to one standard will normally run about 1/8 turn into a nut of the other standard.

[edit] Here's a link. [/edit]

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Aengus

whats the decimal Major Id and Od of the thread and the thread per inch count. Could be 9/16

Lucy_01 said:
Hope i m in the right threadlist this time, but i guess a microphone is an analogue source.
I recently bought a M61, 1957's Geloso microphone. I only want to use it for decorational purposes, matches my 2104 Wurlitzer. But the thread is not the standard 5/8 you find on all modern goozenecks and stands, holders... Anyone an idea if there ever was a different standard for mic stands? I know 5/8 and 3/8 are still used but its neither i assume. Measured with a caliper the inside thread is about 13 mm. I looked it up in the Geloso Techincal Bulletin, its in #67 1957, it sais nothing about the gause or diameter, only that there are 2 optional stands, a floor stand and a table stand, B81 and B91. Any ideas ?
http://www.lucy-ts.com/Others/M61.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.