Verion / Cotter stepup trans restrapping info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
o represents connecting points
: represents vertical soldered connection

Type S 20+ ohms

o o o o

o o o o
: : : :
o o o o

o o o o
o o o o

Type PP 20+30 ohms

o o o o
o o o o

o o o o
o o o o
o o o o

I have type P 2-30 ohms also, but the spacing won't correctly translate

Regards
David

Example:
Here's the P strapping for 2-30 ohm MC's

[IMGP0689.jpg]

regards
David

Attachments

• imgp0689.jpg
    imgp0689.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 205
Any gain info for the different strappings?

The strapping info is very useful. I'm hoping I can restrap my "P" version to lower the gain and increase the loading seen by the cartridge. To be honest, the load impedance ranges, with their overlap, are really not very informative. Does anyone know the step-up ratios and/or gain in db for the PP or S strappings? My understanding is that my "P" version has 24.5 db of gain, or a step-up ratio of 16.8:1. Thanks!

The strapping info is very useful. I'm hoping I can restrap my "P" version to lower the gain and increase the loading seen by the cartridge. To be honest, the load impedance ranges, with their overlap, are really not very informative. Does anyone know the step-up ratios and/or gain in db for the PP or S strappings? My understanding is that my "P" version has 24.5 db of gain, or a step-up ratio of 16.8:1. Thanks!

MK2PP is optimized for phono cartridge in the 20 to 30 ohm range,such as the EMT,however,itis is possible to use either the Type P or Sfor cartridges in 20 to 30 ohm,but the transformer will not necessary be optimized for these cartridges, primary DC resistance <12 ohm,voltage ratio 8.88 to 1, gain:19db.

MK2S is for cartridges of 20 ohm or higher,such as denon & satin,for which it supplies the appropiate gainand gives the best low-frequency response,primary DC resistance < 12ohm,voltage ratio 8.88 to 1 gain:19db

I'm considering purchasing a Verion MK1 SUT for a Benz Micro Wood SL (12 ohms internal impedance / .56 mV output). I've reviewed the various available strapping diagrams, but I'm still not 100% confident I have it right.

For my 12 ohm cartridge, I think I would want to strap it as a Type P. This should give me an input impedance of 2.5 ohms and an output impedance of 188 ohms (1:8.6 gain), which is right where I'd like the SUT for this cartridge. Loading would appear at around 650 ohms, again right in line for the Benz.

Anyone around still familiar with this SUT? Thanks!

Attachments

• ve_cotter_verion_spt_mark_1.pdf
    677.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 66
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.