Newly updated DIY turn table journey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently made a DIY uni-pivot tone arm linked to this previous post here.

Since finishing this and doing reading on turntable designs I have redesigned by DIY turntable. I made it into an inverted bearing design base on thoughts from Pierre Lurne. I always wanted to bring in plywood into my design but in the end added MDF sheets to the plywood to get a higher mass dissimilar design. The plywood alone was to aggressive in mid range compared to my older MDF/HDF layered table. The addition of MDF to the plywood smoothed out the mid range but kept a bit more bloom to the bass as compared to my older table.

The inverted bearing works better in my new design than the conventional setup of my older turntable.

The journey was both fun and aggravating. Lots of man hours going into it including fixing errors and making revisions. I'm pleased with what I have and am happy it has not cost me great sums of cash in doing so.

Just a link to the photos of all my work

New photos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.