Help with 2nd Order High Pass Filter

Building speaker cabinets I can do.
Building a crossover? Uhhh....

I'm building a pro audio cabinet. But the final design was just too big. I had to downsize for portability and the trick was that I would need a high pass filter for this box.

BassBox Pro Tech Support is telling me I need this:
What you need is an active 2nd-order high-pass EQ filter with Q = 2. This should provide a +6 dB bump at the filter frequency and a 12 dB/octave roll-off below the filter frequency.

Can someone help?
Maybe sample schematics or plans I could modify for my needs.

I'm open to any guidance.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
You posted in the "Analog Line Level" forum -- does that mean you want a 2nd Order High Pass Filter which has all of these features:

• not inside a loudspeaker cabinet, but rather in its own chassis near the music source components
  • built with scrawny parts that can't handle more than (1/4) watt
  • got its own regulated DC power supply
  • got a Sallen-Key filter using a cathode follower / source follower / emitter follower / opamp unity gain buffer

You do not write which frequency this filter is tuned to. It doesn't matter analogue and DSP filters have the same characteristic.
They require a gain of 6.3dB to realize this filter, so your amp needs four times the power for the same SPL at 40Hz.
Only a passive filter with coils will produce this gain internally but will need expensive big parts for low frequencies.

HP.png

I may be jumping into this without understanding what I'm really getting into. The box I'm building is for PA use, but smaller venues. In order to shrink the box down to a manageable portable size, I used the High Pass Filter option. And I don't want to use crappy parts as I'm trying to achieve better fidelity. The box is tuned to 60Hz.