Muses72323

Dear All,

Did anybody use the new Muses 72323 ? I am testing a board, but I cannot get the chip to work.
I tested the controller with the Muses 72320 and it works perfectly. The Muses 72323 has the Clock in and I did not really understand what should I do with it.

Regards,

Davide

I'll leave some notes here, if anybody wants to embark in the development of something based on the 72323 chip. I included it in my board, thinking that it would be compatible with the software I had for the 72320, but there are substantial differences that forced me to rewrite almost completely the libraries. Here are the most relevant ones. I will refer to the arduino, as this is what I used for the development and to the Muses 72323 datasheet:

1) The SPI mode is 2 for the 72320 and 0 for the 72323. (page 9 on the datasheet)
2) The attenuation is in 0.25 db steps, so it takes 9 bits to cover all the steps, while it takes 8 bits on the Muses72320. This is a game changer, as the libraries use two 8 bits words, but with the Muses 72323 you need to use one 16 bits word.
3) The chip address in 2 bits, instead of 3.
4) The select address in 2 bits, instead of 3.
5) The chip gain for left and right is set on a single word.
6) If you are not using an external clock for soft step, it is necessary as a first thing to set the chip to use the internal clock, otherwise, nothing will work.

It was a battle, but I managed. Isn't this what forced quarantine is done for ?

Davide

Reactions: 1 user