HELP NEEDED...Noise from a 4 channel B1 buffer with Biino MK2 volume control...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody... First of all, please forgive my bad english...
I would ask advice about a nasty hum problem I have from a 4 channels B1 buffer with two Biino volume control boards I built...
I tried various wiring ways to improve but none worked...
The situation now is what (maybe) you can see from the weird drawing here...
Can you see something absolutely wrong that could cause gnd loops or something?
I used a gnd loop breaker between psu star ground and earth/chassis...
Thank you so much!

PS. The Biino is a relay attenuator you can see here:

Biino MK2 – hifi-electronics.de

Attachments

• BIINOB1.jpg
    BIINOB1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I would restore the Biino ground wiring to how you had it in the previous photos and get rid of the signal star . Keep the input wiring as you have it and connect the phono output grounds back to there own B1 boards output grounds . Leave the power wiring as it is now. Your hum problem might be due to how your system is inter connected .

I would restore the Biino ground wiring to how you had it in the previous photos and get rid of the signal star . Keep the input wiring as you have it and connect the phono output grounds back to there own B1 boards output grounds . Leave the power wiring as it is now. Your hum problem might be due to how your system is inter connected .

Thank you so much! I will try! I also suspect there's something wrong with the two amps interconnection after the buffer...
You mean to restore the "ground bus" between inputs and outputs too?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.