Amplifier channel balance test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An interesting experiment. I like it from the aspect of demonstrating actual measured differences in components. Just for giggles I pulled out a 100k ALPS pot I have and it showed similar variation.

Now I didn't have the time to go through the entire 30 minute video but did I miss the part where he indicates that any of these differences are actually audible? I mean it's probably a good thing, especially in the DIY community, to make sure that the output levels on different channels are equal and tweak things where they need it but I suspect that you can really go off into the weeds on this.

If nothing else I know that my hearing sensitivity is different on my right and left sides. This probably nullifies any difference I would hear from slight differences in channel volume.

Your milage may vary.

-bill

Thanks for the responses,

I did end up given this ago, I used a mp3 player for a 1khz tone I found.
Did test with just mp3 player connected to Audacity then with all 3 amps and 2 were low on one channel, Marantz was the worse as I suspected and confirmed by test
Will now look to see if I can get the receiver serviced

Rav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.