LDR Pre MkII - LDR volume control and I/O switching

Hi zdr ,
I would like to update my AIO4x2 to your new MKII.

If i understand i must :
- modify PSU for 5V everywhere,
- short 9 x 270R or replace with strap
- change 1.2k/33K and 2.2k/33k network with 500R (from Mosfet drain to Gnd)

is it enough or did you changed many things in arduino pin wiring since old AIO4x2 ?

I seen in the new MKII BOM lcd2004 is present.
Can you confirm it will be supported.

best regards

Last edited:
Hi zdr ,
I would like to update my AIO4x2 to your new MKII.

If i understand i must :
- modify PSU for 5V everywhere,
- short 9 x 270R or replace with strap
- change 1.2k/33K and 2.2k/33k network with 500R (from Mosfet drain to Gnd)

is it enough or did you changed many things in arduino pin wiring since old AIO4x2 ?

I seen in the new MKII BOM lcd2004 is present.
Can you confirm it will be supported.

best regards

There are too many changes and wires would be flying everywhere making a total mess of a board. Even Nano is not Nano anymore, it's modified in HW, SW and MCU type.

Can't support you in that project, it's simply against my nature :)

I don't see LCD anywhere in BOM, and it will never be supported.

Firmware is now available for OLED 16x2 character display as well. There is a small update in the code:

1) set defaults function does not overwrite LDR resistance values any more.
2) you can now set default parameter values by pressing encoder button during welcome message. Useful in situations where EEPROM values are messed up to the point where nothing can be read on the display.

Couple of questions Ned, I see from one of your build pictures you have used an electrolytic caps near the mounting hole of the power inputs. I do not see this listed on the BOM I think, can you please let me know what value is this cap and is required. I also see from your pic that there is a green 2 pin power socket soldered on to the board near to the 'DC9V' marking but you haven't connected the power to it. I hope this entire section including this socket is not required or from your first post I think you said like Nano and display are being powered independently unlike the older version. Can you please clarify.

Thanks

Thanks Ned, I will leave them without soldering anything. Also can you point me to where does the IR transmitter mounting holes on the main mother board to be soldered. I could not get the exact position as it is marked IR1 on the BoM and I do not see this marking on the PCB board.

I must be missing something - there is only one three pin header on PCB marked "IR". Is this not the case with your board?

Sorry Ned, my bad its marked IR near the power socket pins. I was presuming this to be another set of power inputs :) I had to use magnifying glass to check the markings once again. So now I am done with all the soldering except the pot which is still on the way from aliexpress but I am trying to see if I can get something similar locally. I have to wait for another 4 weeks or so before it shows up.

thanks

There is no pot in this design, only encoder with push button.

Yes my bad I used the wrong terminology. It should be encoder and fortunately I received those aliexpress pack of 5. I was referring to these encoder which has 5 pins, 2 on one side and another 3 pins on the other side. Which pins do I need to connect to the main PCB orientation via extended wires?

thanks

Yes my bad I used the wrong terminology. It should be encoder and fortunately I received those aliexpress pack of 5. I was referring to these encoder which has 5 pins, 2 on one side and another 3 pins on the other side. Which pins do I need to connect to the main PCB orientation via extended wires?

thanks

Hi Ned

Can you please point to the wiring of the encoder to the PCB with the 5 pins as per the aliexpress link that I ordered via the BoM?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1RcnFyH9YBuNjy0Fgq6AxcXXas.jpg

Thanks