Stereo Speaker Level to Line Level Signal Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to use HiFi receiver speaker level output to create a line level signal. I have an HK 3390 with pre-outs but when used, the 2nd set of speakers
stop working. I want to get a miniDSP so that I can bi-amp the front speakers. I am sure this has been discussed and explained before but I could not find all of the details. I could purchase a Russound ADP-1.2 for $40 but it looks like it only uses a few resistors that are inexpensive. After many searches I uncovered the following layout - see attached doc #1. I also am including a closeup of the Russound ADP-1.2 - doc #2.
Can anyone with more of a electronics background validate my approach or correct it?

Attachments

• Doc #1.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Doc #2.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 55

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> HK 3390 with pre-outs but when used, the 2nd set of speakers stop working.

Are you removing the jumpers? As instructed (attached)?

What you want is RCA Y-cables, M-F-M. Use the two male ends like those jumpers, to patch signal back into the box. Plug the external system into the female connector on the Y-cable. This may be mildly sensitive to loading- the PreOut comes from wipers of pots and will be low-Z when BAL pot is centered but up to 13K one side half down.

Yes, the 3390 speaker outlets are hard grounded on the black screws so the diver networks you show should work.

Attachments

• HK3390-jump.gif
    HK3390-jump.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.