Sennheiser EM 100 G2 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys!

Sadly one of my friends Sennheiser wireless reciever just died. Last time he used it, everything was fine, next time he tried turning it on, it did not want to turn on. This reciever has a "latching" mechanism in it, although the button on the front is digital. If you leave it turned on, the next time you power it up it should power up. I have been diagnosing it with no success, so i would really need your help guys. How would you start? what would you check first?

Service manual can be found here: SENNHEISER EM 100 G2 SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download.

Thanks In advance
Gergo CSUTAK

First thing to check is the PSU.
Check if power is getting in and check for bad diodes or caps on the path after the Jack.
I haven't followed the schematic, but there should be a reverse protecting diode and perhaps a smoothing cap after the jack.
I have several mic receivers, and usually the cable from the PSU / transformer breaks easy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.