A Modular 2/3/4/n ways Digitally Controlled State Variable Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody!

After years learning from www.diyaudio.com it's time to give something back!
First I want to thanks Rod Elliott and Ti Kan, who inspired me to do this project, the third of my state variable crossovers.

Here is the Xover44, my last project, to be shared to everybody.
A 2/3/4/n ways MCU controlled state variable active crossover.

The project is still a work in progress. I hope somebody will be interested to this. sorry for my English that is not the best.

Features for every crossover point:

- 2nd order (12db/oct) or 4th order (24db/oct) variable configuration.
- 4 different selectable resonances: Linkwitz-Riley, Butterworth, Bessel, etc.
- 32 selectable crossover frequencies.

The whole circuit is analog, based on dual op-amps like OPA2134, NE5532, or similar for characteristics and pin-out.
Everything is controlled trough high quality latched relays, driven from an I2C digital controller.

The interface use a 7'' VGA LCD monitor controlled straight from an Arduino DUE, multiplexed by some MCP23017 each one driving two ULN2804A.

I'm still building the prototype but I want to start to share the project with you guys.

Here is the free site I'm slowly building for the project:

Xover44

I have no clue if the site works but we will figure that out together!

Here are three pictures of the prototype:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.