JRC2068 substitute plug & play!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The 2068 is an excellent device and similar in many ways to the NE5532. Hard to give recommendations without seeing a circuit, and simply swapping for something like the LM4562 isn't going to give you any better/different sound quality.

If you want to go for something that might genuinely give a different type of subjective quality then you need to look at the OPA2604 (obtained from authorised distributors only) but you still need to verify the circuit is suitable.

That would be my advice fwiw :)

The 2068 is an excellent device and similar in many ways to the NE5532. Hard to give recommendations without seeing a circuit, and simply swapping for something like the LM4562 isn't going to give you any better/different sound quality.

If you want to go for something that might genuinely give a different type of subjective quality then you need to look at the OPA2604 (obtained from authorised distributors only) but you still need to verify the circuit is suitable.

That would be my advice fwiw :)

... I appreciate your advice .... Thanks

JRC2068 is very good when it is operating in its quite narrow comfort zone. I don't believe that in your preamp there is only one single opamp per channel?

seven jrc2068 are needed:
- The first 3 are at the exit of the DAC
- The other 3 are output, after volume adjustment
-one It is used to mix the LFE track on the central track and is used as an adder.

You can probably purchase three different opamps and find the best combination. Output dac usually requires fast slew rate opamps but 2068 is only 6v/us. 2068 needs a buffer but it can be an output buffer for its other half. For input buffer it is not optimal (its a bipolar input with low input impedance, worse when it is in inverted configuration)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.