PGA2311 controlled by an Arduino nano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• sans-titre.png
    sans-titre.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 798
Hello,

I too am in the middle of such an adventure. I'm using an Uno for now (was trying fit this all on a shield) but might go another way.

Double check your SPI pins. I think D13 is the clock pin, at least if you use hardware SPI.

I see you are breaking out CS to an IO pin... this is good. I thought since I only had one SPI device that I could just hard wire CS low but the PGA chip doesn't like that. It needs a transition to start listening to the bus.

I'm keeping hardware mute on separate pin for now. You can hard wire low and use software to mute the chip but I wanted the ability to do a robust startup sequence that was free of noise or pops. Just my $.02.

Good luck,
Brian

Similar have been done many times. My pre-amp was my first Arduino project.
You can use LCD to display Input names and Bar Graph volume display. Suggest you look at ULN2003 to drive relays. It includes the protection diodes and costs about the same as one transistor.

You may want to have additional controls like Bass and treble and a display for input name and possibly an spectrum analyzer?
I am building an amp with those features, currently on-going. I will post the arduino code soon. I am also using arduino nano and LC75341 chip for the bass, treble, volume and input selection.
Arduino Controlled Bass Treble Volume and input Selector – tataylino.com

You may want to have additional controls like Bass and treble and a display for input name and possibly an spectrum analyzer?
I am building an amp with those features, currently on-going. I will post the arduino code soon. I am also using arduino nano and LC75341 chip for the bass, treble, volume and input selection.

Cool project!

I couldn't find the code anywhere though. Is it up on github somewhere?

I just posted it on the download page. the code is not yet final but it is working. You can adjust bass, treble, gain, volume and input selection already. The only missing is the capability to recall previous settings on power up and display spectrum levels. the code is also not yet optimized. You can download it and play with it if you like.

Double check your SPI pins. I think D13 is the clock pin, at least if you use hardware SPI.

Thanks, it was fixed !

I'm keeping hardware mute on separate pin for now. You can hard wire low and use software to mute the chip but I wanted the ability to do a robust startup sequence that was free of noise or pops. Just my $.02.

yes, I will do if I have extra output left

Yes, I thought to add bass and treble control, but i dont realy need it and I want to add more thing in the signal path.

I just posted it on the download page. the code is not yet final but it is working. You can adjust bass, treble, gain, volume and input selection already. The only missing is the capability to recall previous settings on power up and display spectrum levels. the code is also not yet optimized. You can download it and play with it if you like.

I'm confused by the spectrum code, it doesn't look like FFT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.