Yet another passive volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
i wanted to build my own passive volume control, so i started to look into some projects .. and upon them design my circuit. Because i'm an amateur in area of electronics i wanted to show my schematic and kindly ask for an help/opinion. I still need to draw connections for the display and push encoder.

So .. can anyone look into this and give me a hint how to best connect a display and encoder to this and if there are some mistakes(hope not)? Design is based upon atmega328 programmed with arduino.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i'm bit better in drawing pcb's .. this is a mockup based on this schematic (shows top layer only)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

thanks
Mike

Missing things....

.... don't forget to add:
- a programming header for the atmel
- perhaps an JTAG header for the Atmel
- some Debug Pins with LEDs
- perhaps the UART Tx line for debugging purposes....
- Diodes above the coils (Flyback voltage !)
- some small caps (100nF) across the relais coils, to shunt away noise picked up by the relais

Also, don't forget to design your Power Supply so, that if ALL Relais are ON, it can deliver the required current....

Perhaps, you can add the signal to the ADC to detect zero cross.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.