Handy Non Inverting Active Volume Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. Here's a simple non inverting active volume control I built for adjusting the levels going into my audio interface when transferring various formats such as 78s, vinyl and cassettes.

Rather than just sticking another inverting stage on the end of the conventional active volume control that we've all seen (which would reduce the noise performance, as well as the distortion performance as the inverting op-amp stage is having to drive yet another fairly low impedance load) I decided to put the gain in what would be the buffer and taking the output from there, thus making it non inverting. The output is buffered with a fourth op-amp increasing it's load driving ability. A stereo version is built with 2 LME49740 quad op-amps.

This circuit has many applications, even as just a stand alone unit in a cheap little aluminium enclosure I've found it very useful. Even though most of the applications I've used it for do not demand good noise performance :eek:.

Attachments

• Active-Volume-Control.png
    Active-Volume-Control.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 272
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.