Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

very very simple DJ mixer aka summing amp?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2014, 12:19 AM   #31
bentsnake is offline bentsnake
diyAudio Member

<< ...opamp discussions seem to be an endless loop of opinions... >>

You're not kidding. 50 people in a room = 50 different opinions.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:30 AM   #32
bentsnake is offline bentsnake
diyAudio Member

<< does anyone have any recommendations regarding power supply for these?...Most of the power supplies I see just consist of a few capacitors, are you suggesting only using a voltage regulator instead? would that be a better option? what would the implications be...? >>

In partial atonement for my former sins, and to prove I'm a glutton for punishment, a schematic. This one too is only illustrative, it's intended to give you the general idea. But this one has the big advantage of being correct, you could bolt it together right here, right now, and it would work as intended.

Building this unit would cost something like $25 in parts, including the transformer. As with "which is the best op amp," others have different ideas about how these things should be done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg power_supply_dual_small_C.jpg (94.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 4th August 2014, 12:41 AM   #33
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentsnake View Post
<< does anyone have any recommendations regarding power supply for these?...Most of the power supplies I see just consist of a few capacitors, are you suggesting only using a voltage regulator instead? would that be a better option? what would the implications be...? >>

In partial atonement for my former sins, and to prove I'm a glutton for punishment, a schematic. This one too is only illustrative, it's intended to give you the general idea. But this one has the big advantage of being correct, you could bolt it together right here, right now, and it would work as intended.

Building this unit would cost something like $25 in parts, including the transformer. As with "which is the best op amp," others have different ideas about how these things should be done.
Yes, and to add regulators after the caps, just use a 35VCT or so transformer to allow for the regulator drops. It would be best to add another RC filter before the regulator first though, to make it easier on the regulators to reject the ripple.

Last edited by rayma; 4th August 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:25 AM   #34
bcmoore is offline bcmoore  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hey thanks a lot bentsnake! Awful Kind of you...! much appreciated. I'll see how far I get with that...

thanks for the tips rayma! A lot of it resonates with me despite my limited knowledge...I'm using Alps Rk27s I'm hoping those should be decent for Level control no?
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:11 PM   #35
mojoj0jo is offline mojoj0jo  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentsnake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
Yes, and to add regulators after the caps, just use a 35VCT or so transformer to allow for the regulator drops. It would be best to add another RC filter before the regulator first though, to make it easier on the regulators to reject the ripple.
just wanted to let you guys know that this post has helped me, thank you.
Old 15th April 2021, 07:09 AM   #36
FreedomJazzDance is offline FreedomJazzDance  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Interesting topic..

I always wondered how will sound Djing with two high quality preamplifiers with tube phono stage, with a simple 2 channels passive rotary mixer like this:

Passive Rotary DJ Mixer | Music mixer, Dj, Music mixing

unfortunately the guy that designed the mixer and had the website Nymeria is not active on the web anymore...

Last edited by FreedomJazzDance; 15th April 2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 19th April 2021, 05:06 PM   #37
julienlebas is offline julienlebas  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi all and @BCmoore,
Did you move forward with your simple mixer project?
I am looking at this too and would be interested in your feedback.
By the way, the most interesting article I have found is: High Quality Sound Mixer
Thanks
  Reply to this post

very very simple DJ mixer aka summing amp?Hide this!Advertise here!