DC servo and gain stage board with output zobel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering designing a PCB designed to accommodate several generalized gain stages. Each of can be configured as an inverting gain stage/summer
or non-inverting gain stage.

When pairs of these are combined you can create an inverting gain stage with a DC servo on the output. This allows you to have very low cutoff frequencies in the servo, e.g. below 1 Hz. It's pretty easy to accommodate the DC servo circuitry on the board and this gives some additional flexibility.

You could also use a single stage as the DC servo on a chip amp, if you wanted to add that on to an existing design. Both inverting and non-inverting servos can be created.

I am also considering allowing for a zobel on the output, to increase RF isolation, although this is not commonly used. It can always be bypassed, and the same circuitry can be used to create an additional RC LP filter of the DC servo so that much less noise is fed back to the signal path.

I am wondering how many people would be interested in such a PCB? Please post if this is you. Thanks

-Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.