Woofer placement in box rearding the floor

Have build a 91 liter netto box for my Dayton RSS390ho.
The cut out is cc 23 cm from box-ending on one side, and cc 43 cm from box-ending on the other side.
I want to mount 4 legs 25 mm in hight, but don´t drill at the "wrong side" in my Walnut imitation. (which I worked with for 3 days)

Is the lower montage "better" for "bass-support" regarding "floor-helping"?
It´s a 15 inch sidemounted xcrossed at 150 hz, and 2400 hz and going to be used as a 3 way.

Then speaker placement in stereo, play inwards towards each other or outwards in each direction?

Best regards John

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_155513.jpg
    IMG_20240419_155513.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 48
Normally, crossing at 150Hz is sufficient for 'it doesn't give a s&%#! where that woofa's gonna hang out'. Reinforcement from nearby boundaries at 150Hz is effective up to 1,5m distance between woofer and boundary. At 40Hz you can make that 5,7m.

Reactions: 1 user
You're only now deciding on this??
No, I have thought about this from the beginning of the project, but in the design there is also a cosmetic aspect for me.
It looks "better" with the woofer diver higher up in the box, but I would still choose "closer to the floor" IF it was better from a sound perspective.

Reinforcement from nearby boundaries at 150Hz is effective up to 1,5m distance between woofer and boundary. At 40Hz you can make that 5,7m.
So you mean I don't "lose" anything by having the woofer driver cc 43 cm from the floor, insteed of cc 23 from the floor?

Regards John