Suggestion: Add a new subforum named "DSP coding & software tech"

As the DSP based crossover and room correction became a standard configuration in professional monitoring speakers, And high performance DSP chips gives us a new way to do something beyond the digital filter of a chip DAC.I do believe that software defined DSP will be the future of audio. To carry on the dreams to build the devices which would exceeding the base level of audio industry, we may need a SPECIEL subforum for the one who is good at writing codes and algorithm.

At current forums, the DSP focused thread can be placed in loudspeakers-multiway if its a DSP Crossover powered active speaker; or it will be in the source&line - digital line level if someone made a project of DSP chip based external digital filter for the DAC. Or even it can be find in the PC based subforum if it was running on a PC software and then send the processed data to a DAC.

We need coding guys assembly HERE in a right place, for the future of DIY audio device.

Reactions: 1 user
Account Closed
Joined 2010
While some of the best harware guys I know are also excelent coding guys, coding guys are indeed usually very different than the usual hardware electronics guys.Unless they are specifically passionate about audio which doesn't really pay the right wages to a good programmer, a third link would be needed to know what to ask a pure "coding machine" to do...Commercial companies can afford that third link, a forum...a bit unlikely.

Last edited:
While some of the best harware guys I know are also excelent coding guys, coding guys are indeed usually very different than the usual hardware electronics guys.Unless they are specifically passionate about audio which doesn't really pay the right wages to a good programmer, a third link would be needed to know what to ask a pure "coding machine" to do...Commercial companies can afford that third link, a forum...a bit unlikely.
yep,although there is such a difficult,still worth to have a try.
Make a forum looks like a place that fits the tech trend of comtemprory audio industry, and somehow coding-guys-welcomed, maybe the audiophile coding genius would considering here just feels at home and want to do some project just for hobby.

Last edited:
I do believe that software defined DSP will be the future of audio.
I tend to agree. You're either connected with RCA (or its balanced version, using a different connector) or some digital pipe (BT, USB, I2S, LAN, etc)

Just because 99% of most audio consumers understand "TRS" and the like, doesnt mean there wont be a future for ALL digital systems - and their interconnects.

Such a forum could host discussions on how to use current HMIs, as well as how to program them, as well as what's going on under the hood, as well as what's available today in current integrated hardware (BT receivers capabilities, integrated Audio Decoding + DSP + Amplification) - and what's coming.