Philips CD-960 tray won’t eject help!

Hi all I recently got a Philips cd 960 in lovely condition unfortunately it’s not working

The tray will not eject when pressing the button however it closes when you manually open it and press the close button

It doesn’t play CDs however when the cd is seated it spins for a few short seconds and then stops

I have replaced the 4 belts with the nanocamp kit carefully and lubricated the shafts and motors when I press the open button I don’t even feel the two spindles with the wire try to move to support it opening

I used the drive wheel space to minimise movement when replacing the belts

Any ideas where I can look next to get this cd play up and running?

Attachments

• IMG_3026.jpeg
    IMG_3026.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3024.jpeg
    IMG_3024.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3021.jpeg
    IMG_3021.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3022.jpeg
    IMG_3022.jpeg
    431.5 KB · Views: 43
Don't the belts slip? If they do, clean the belts and the wheels in-place with IPA using a Q-tip. Also check the tray in and tray out leaf switches, and the double leaf switch on the top, sometimes it will not egage. The wheel stops before its end position. No need to lubricate anything here, the wheels should run dry.

Reactions: 1 user
I suspect S001, S002 or S003. Check them with a beeper continuity tester by manually engaging them.
Ok these are my findings tested at jf03

S03 brown red closed position continuity ok
S03 brown red open position OL

S01 green blue closed position continuity ok
S01 green blue open position OL

S02 purple grey wire closed position OL
S02 purple grey open position OL

I also checked contiunity for each colour wire at the switch to jf03 this was OK for each wire