Dueling Tunes

Back to serious audio stuff : Tekton tweeters seem to be the SBA dimple domes ... some time ago I came about a problem with them , I have the Sheffield XLO Test CD , and Track 5 is the Clap Track , it's an artificial signal not a natural hand clap , I noticed then something is off , so I checked one of my headphones (Stax Lambda Pro) and heard a strange noise everytime the clap appears , but not over the speakers having those dimples domes in them!

The Clap Track begins at 01:18 :

Next I collected all tweeters (including Fountek Ribbon) that I have and feeded this Clap Track to them , one by one .

ALL could reproduce this Clap Track with the noise BUT not THIS dimple dome :

https://sbacoustics.com/product/sb29rdac-c000-4/

So what is wrong with this tweeter?

And what about the other variations of the dimple dome by SBA?

Are they safe?

Is the surround still part of the (currently unknown) problem?

So , Red Alert for the other 29mm VC drivers from SBA with fabric surround?

Ring The Alarm - the terrible germanz are coming :)

Okay , this one should fit the audio bill .. please allow to flood some amperes into your beloved sound cannons :

Around 03:00min there is a loud(er) sequence for a few seconds so be warned!

While being generally quite quiet music it needs some elevated power level for getting the full sensation(s) ...

Well your selection is not bad but nothing that I would buy for myself and having fun to listen to over the years ... but here is something that many people like including me , the whole Platinum album from Mike Oldfield , all 8 Tracks are recommended , especially #8 and #6 , in that order :

Now praise my name , Hell-a-loot-ya :)

Wot? Old stuff beats new stuff easily , anytime :)

Get impressed within seconds and use a handkerchief for your eyes or whatever else .. next automatic forwarded track slices you in parts too , hell this is so exciting stuff :

I'm a Conehead from outa space , no doubt!

Last edited: