Bruel & Kjaer Sine Generator Type 1051 - need help on output stage

I have this equipment in need of repair. The frequency output is working fine except for its voltage level. For example when I set a voltage AC level of 1V, I only got 0.981 Vac, no matter which potentiometers I suspect is relevant.
Of course its difficult to find schematics and manuals for this OEM even from the WEB.
Any advise from members out there will be much appreciated. Thanks much.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thank you for your reply.

I have the technical info on the 1049 and 1051. I will look into the archive you mentioned. I used the 3458A and HP 34401. Both are calibrated.
There are parts I see which I cannot find information about. One in the 16 pins IC with markings Calogic DM 2014 N and the other one is cylindrical about 20mm dia by 20mm height silver in colour with markings FT14214002-2 B&K LB 1136 0.5KVDC E K 1995-01, which I think is a custom-made inductive filter. Both are found in the Output Amplifier module.

Thank you 1audio for your reply and information.
Here are the pictures. The first pic is of the whole Output Amplifier. The second one is the close up of the portion I am going to zoom in. The reason for this is because the output level changes only when I tweek the variac C3. I agree that the Calogic chip could be those you mentioned or transistor switches. I don't see any relays being used in the unit. I will look into the link you provided. And, no, I have not gone to the stage of looking for software/drivers yet.

Attachments

• B&K ZE 0405 Output Amplifier.jpg
    B&K ZE 0405 Output Amplifier.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 37
  • B&K ZE 0405 Output Amplifier close up.jpg
    B&K ZE 0405 Output Amplifier close up.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 37
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I just checked the specs on the 1051. The do not have an absolute spec. They have a relative spec which is pretty tight +/- .2% but no absolute spec. The silver cylinder is an output transformer. The section next to the output has 3 L/C low pass filters, probably to neet the harmonic spec. There are a handful of trimpots but without real documentation you could further degrade the calibration and accuracy. I suspect the instrument is in spec. (especially since they don't have one for output voltage). What is your application? Maybe this is not well suited to it.

Attachments

• 1051 output.PNG
    1051 output.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 15
Thanks again 1audio for your inputs.
We use this equipment to test devices. So the specs must be good. I will find time to trace the signal paths and check the amplifier circuits. So it will take some time without any access to schematics. Furthermore, I did not receive any help from B&K archive with regards to 2014 pin out.